Friday, July 8, 2011

Why a Health Law Blog?

I am both a doctor and a lawyer so health and law both interest me.  I am presently an Emergency Medicine resident at the Baylor College of Medicine, but have a bit of a non-traditional background that got me to where I am today.  Before medical school I was a patent attorney (represented generic drug companies that were trying to get their lower cost drugs on the market).  Over the past few years I have become intrigued by various health law topics, went back to school (while in residency) and got a LL.M (Masters in Health Law).  Since then I have started writing on a few health law topics.  I am also interested in developing a Health Law curriculum for physicians, residents and medical students. One of my mentor's suggested that I start writing a Health Law Blog; it sounds like a great idea so I thought I would give it a shot.  I will post various Health Law topics, give my opinion and would like to hear others opinions on the topics as well.  Most of the topics may focus on Emergency Medicine related issues since that is what I deal with every day, but we will see what happens.  Any critique, comments or suggestions is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment